- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
By car, the D5 (E50) highway leads directly to Plzen, while the R6 (E48) goes to Karlovy Vary and the spa towns in the northern part of the region. Some towns, even major ones like Karlovy Vary, lack direct train connections, making a dirct bus a better choice. Buses to major hubs such as Plzen are also faster and less expensive than trains.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Garni Kucera on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $73+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Karlovy Vary: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $162+/Nt Expedia