- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Hotel Bars
Many hotels have bars and lounges where even locals enjoy a cocktail and stylish surroundings.
Icebar Cph. Icebar Cph is literally one of the coolest bars in Copenhagen. Part of the trendy Hotel Twentyseven (which also houses the Honey Ryder lounge, serving "molecular" cocktails), it's basically a -31°C (-23°F) ice box where you drink vodka concoctions in glasses made of ice. Don't worry, a coat is provided during your 40-minute visit. Løngangstræde 27, Centrum, Copenhagen, 1468. 33/11-70-00. www.icebarcph.com. DKr. 150, includes one drink.
Bar Rouge. Bar Rouge, a very swanky cocktail lounge at the design hotel First Hotel Skt. Petri, has DJs spinning records on weekends. It even produces and sells its own CDs. Krystalg. 22, Centrum, Copenhagen, 1172. 33/45-91-00. www.hotelsktpetri.com.
Library Bar. An elegant spot for a quiet but pricey drink. Bernstorffsgade 4, Vesterbro, Copenhagen, 1577. 33/14-92-62. www.librarybar.dk.
Nimb Bar & Vinotek. In what used to be a ballroom, this second-floor hotel bar has an enormous fireplace and crystal chandeliers. You can come for the afternoon tea and coffee service or for a drink. The impressive basement wine cellar has candlelit wooden picnic tables and glass-lined walls displaying bottles from every corner of the globe. The list has an unprecedented 1,300 varieties, many available by the glass. There are also Danish-inspired tapas (oysters, smoked salmon, quail eggs, Skagen ham and cheese) to accompany tastings. Nimb Hotel, Bernstorffsgade 5, Centrum, Copenhagen, 1577. 88/70-00-00.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Now & Save! Flights to Copenhagen From 505 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Copenhagen Savings! Book at Hellerup Park Fr $250+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Copenhagen for Less: Hotels Fr $189+/Nt Travelocity
- 11 Nt Cruise! See Europe with Princess Cruises Fr $999 Expedia
- Destination Denmar! Travel to Copenhagen From $947 RT — $947+ STA Travel