- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Billund Airport is 3 km (2 mi) northeast of downtown. Car rentals are available here, but Buses 117, 406, and 907X can take you into the city center in approximately 15 minutes. (Bus 406 also runs directly to Kolding.) A free shuttle bus goes to Hotel Legoland. Other buses will take you to Århus, Esbjerg, Kolding, Vejle, or Odense.
If you're coming by car from Ribe, follow Route 32 approximately 10 km (6 mi) out of town, then take Route 425 toward Billund Airport. The drive takes approximately 45 minutes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Aalborg: Save at the Helnan Phonix in May Fr $168+/Nt Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- Aalborg Savings! Book at BEST WESTERN Scheelsminde Fr $194+/Nt Expedia
- Radisson Blu Scandinavia , Aarhus in May: $205 & Up — $205 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Super Low Aarhus Rate: Book Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Save with Hotels.com, $28/night less
- Book in Aarhus: Save at the Helnan Marselis in May Fr $229+/Nt — $229 Expedia