Bath and the Cotswolds Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Architecture of Bath: Bath is perhaps the most perfectly preserved and harmonious English city. Close up, the elegance and finesse of the Georgian buildings is a perpetual delight.
Cotswold pubs: The classic pubs here press all the right buttons—low wooden beams, horse brasses, and inglenook fireplaces.
Perfect villages: With their stone cottages, Cotswold villages tend to be improbably picturesque; the hamlets of Upper and Lower Slaughter are among the most seductive.
Hidcote Manor Gardens: In a region rich with imaginative garden displays, Hidcote lays good claim to eminence. Exotic shrubs from around the world and the famous "garden rooms" are the highlights of this Arts and Crafts masterpiece.
Roman Baths, Bath: Take a break from the town's Georgian elegance and return to its Roman days on a tour around this ancient bath complex.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $138 & Up: Novotel Bristol Centre 4-Star Hotel in Bristol Expedia
- Bristol Savings! Book at Marriott Bristol City Centre Fr $124+/Nt Save with Expedia, $62/night less
- May deal: Mercure Bristol Holland House Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- Bristol Savings! Book at Bristol Marriott Royal Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Westfield House in Bristol Fr $155+/Nt — $155 Expedia