- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can rent punts at several places, notably at Silver Street Bridge-Mill Lane, at Magdalene Bridge, and from outside the Rat and Parrot pub on Thompson's Lane on Jesus Green. Hourly rental costs £15 to £20. Chauffeured punting, usually by a Cambridge student, is also popular. It costs around £12 per person.
Scudamore's Punting Co.. Scudamore's Punting Co. rents chauffeured and self-drive punts. It also offers various tours, ranging from a Ghost Tour to a Punt & Cream Tea Tour, for about £17.50 per person. Private tours can be booked for the same price, but there's quite a hefty minimum charge. Granta Place, Mill La., Cambridge, CB2 1RS. 01223/359750. www.scudamores.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star University Arms Fr $177+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $138/night less
- Book 3-Star Holiday Inn Cambridge in Cambridge Fr $178+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Cambridge Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Save with Hotels.com, $102/night less
- Book in Cambridge: Save at the University Arms in May Fr $296+/Nt — $296 Expedia
- Starting Fr $83: Great Cambridge Price — $83 Hotels.com