East Anglia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Cambridge: A walk though the colleges is grand, but the best views of the university's colleges and immaculate lawns (and some famous bridges) are from a punt on the river.
Constable Country: In the area where Constable grew up, you can walk or row downstream from the pastel-shaded village of Dedham straight into the setting of one of the English landscape painter's masterpieces at Flatford Mill.
Lincoln's old center: The ancient center of the city has a vast, soaring cathedral, a proper rampart-ringed castle, and winding medieval streets.
Wild North Sea coast: North Norfolk has enormous sandy beaches (great for walking) and opportunities to see seals and birdlife, especially on the salt marshes around Blakeney.
Lavenham: This medieval town is the most comely of the tight-knit cluster of places that did well from the wool trade, with architecture including timber-frame houses gnarled into crookedness by age.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Cambridge Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $102/night less
- Book 3-Star Holiday Inn Cambridge in Cambridge Fr $178+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Cambridge Fr $121+/Nt — $121 Hotels.com
- Book in Cambridge: Save at the University Arms in May Fr $296+/Nt — $296 Expedia
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Fr $140+/Nt — $140 Save with Hotels.com, $23/night less