East Anglia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Experiencing Norfolk's Broads
Breathtakingly lovely, The Broads are a network of rivers and canals that stretch for about 150 mi across East Anglia, mostly in North Norfolk. It's a unique landscape of glassy waters, reed-covered marshlands, and impossibly photogenic windmills. At sunset, the whole area turns the color of honey.
The Broads can be seen from your car window, but it's nothing compared to floating through them on a boat.
Broads Tours. Based in Wroxham, 7 miles northeast of Norwich, Broads Tours offers day cruises around the area, as well as cruiser boat rentals for a few days or a few weeks. The Bridge, Wroxham, NR12 8RX. 01603/782207. www.broads.co.uk.
You can also see much of the Broads by bike.
Broadland Cycle Hire. Located 8 miles northeast of Norwich, Broadland Cycle Hire charges £15 per day for rental (with discounts for couples and families). The company can recommend several good bike routes. Horning Rd., Hoveton, NR2 8DZ. 07887/480331. www.norfolkbroadscycling.co.uk.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Fr $146+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $9/night less
- Cambridge Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Cambridge Fr $171+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Cambridge: Book Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Save with Hotels.com, $93/night less
- Save in Cambridge: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $268+/Nt — $268 Expedia
- Explore Cambridge For Less! Book Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Hotels.com