Lancashire and the Peaks Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Beatles: Liverpool is the place to visit the Fab Four's haunts and see their childhood homes.
Museums in Manchester and Liverpool: Take history lessons at the Museum of Science and Industry and the Imperial War Museum North in Manchester, and the Merseyside Maritime Museum in Liverpool. Then opt for art appreciation in the cities' galleries.
Manchester nightspots: Catch the city at night in any of its humming café-bars and pubs; or just enjoy a good beer in an ornate Victorian-era pub.
Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall: Engage the past and imagine yourself as a country landowner roaming the great pile that is Chatsworth, or as a Tudor noble exercising in the paneled long gallery of English Haddon Hall.
Walking in the Peak District: Even a short walk in Edale or High Peak reveals the rocky yet intimate scenery that is unique to the area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises