Sights & Attractions in Lancashire and the Peaks
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Buxton
Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
On the eastern side of the Slopes, this museum contains a collection...
|Museums / Galleries||Buxton|
Almost all out-of-town roads lead toward this central green with...
Devonshire Royal Hospital
This impressive 18th-century building, located behind the Crescent...
|Architectural Sites, Restaurants||Buxton|
Little Moreton Hall
The epitome of "magpie" black-and-white half-timber buildings...
|Houses / Mansions||Buxton|
Surrounded by 25 acres of pretty gardens, the Pavilion, with...
|Arts / Performance Venues||Buxton|
The Peak District's extraordinary geology can be seen up close...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises