- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
To experience the East End at its most lively, make sure you visit on the weekend, when it's possible to shop, eat, drink, and party your way through a whole 72 hours. Spitalfields Market bustles all weekend, while Brick Lane is at its best on a Sunday morning—also the time to visit Columbia Road for its glorious flower market. If you're planning to explore the East End art scene, pick up a free art map at the Whitechapel Art Gallery. As far as booming nightlife scene here, there's no time limit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises