- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Owner, sommelier, and former pro rugby union player Thierry Tomasin scores a brilliant individual try with his distinctive French brasserie tucked away behind Lancaster Gate. Styled with Art Nouveau mirrors and button-back banquettes in a 200-year-old converted former pub, Angelus has a rep for intricate and unrivaled Paris-style brasserie de luxe dishes. The duck liver crème brûlée, egg cocotte, frog's legs, loin of venison, or Grand Marnier soufflé are as good as can be. Classy £16 breakfasts, all-day brunch and light bites like omelettes, steak sandwichs or pichounette short-eats, are well conceived, and service is notoriously—how should we say it?—...Gallic! Ex-Le Gavroche sommelier Tomasin is sure to select a kinky bottle from the off-beat French-focused wine list.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
The Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more