- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Star Indian chef Vineet Bhatia showcases the best new-wave Indian cuisine in London at this tony Victorian town house off the King's Road. Ring the front door bell on arrival at this romantic celebration venue, which is decked out with colorful Indian prints, silks, masks, bells, and ornaments. Bhatia pushes the boundaries with creative signatures like popcorn prawns, crab lollies with lime and coconut soup, wild mushroom rice with tomato ice cream, Bordeaux rogan-josh lamb shanks, or Darjeeling tea grilled chicken. Naturally the prices are pretty fiery for such inventive cuisine, but be sure not to leave without sampling Madras coffee cheesecake or the famous warm chocolate samosas, dubbed "Chocamosas." Two-course lunches are £22, while dinners range from £49 to £89.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more