- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Giaconda Dining Rooms
The Giaconda Dining Rooms Review
A gastro-landmark with an indie spirit on Denmark Street's Tin Pan Alley—think Bowie, Marley, and The Clash—off Tottenham Court Rd., this super friendly Australian-run dining room has an eclectic menu that is both distinctive and inspired. Chef Paul Merrony describes his food as "French-ish, with a couple of day trips to Italy thrown in," and this relaxed approach is reflected as he nonchalantly sends out mighty starters—creamed shallots with horseradish, crispy pig's trotters, or baked eggs with cream and tomatoes—and a full range of luscious entrées at decent prices. Try the ox tongue, rack of lamb with gnocchi "alla Romana," guinea fowl with prunes, or heartier dishes like veal kidneys, black pudding with potatoes, or ham hock hash with a fried egg on top. Puddings, like Eton Mess or iced nougat, are a snip at £5 to £6.50 a pop.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more