- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Stafford London by Kempinski
At a Glance
- great staff
- big, luxurious rooms
- quiet location
- traditional style is not to all tastes
- men must wear jackets in the bar
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Stafford London by Kempinski Review
This is a rare find: a posh hotel that's equal parts elegance and friendliness, and it's in one of the few peaceful spots in the area, down a small lane behind Piccadilly. All the accommodations are luxurious and chic, but those in the 18th-century stable block—with cobbled mews entrances, gas-fueled fireplaces, and exposed beams—are especially pleasant. It's hard to check in without meeting the gregarious manager, and his unshakable cheeriness is mirrored by the upbeat and helpful staff. The popular little American Bar has ties, baseball caps, and toy planes hanging from the ceiling.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more