- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hereford Road Review
Bespeckled chef and co-owner Tom Pemberton mans the front-of-house grill station at this must-visit Bayswater favorite, renowed for its pomp-free, pared-down, and ingredient-driven seasonal British fare. With an accent on well-sourced honest-to-goodness regional and seasonal British produce, many dishes are as unfussy as you'll find. Work your way though uncluttered combinations like steamed mussels with cider and thyme, lemon sole with sea dulse, duck breast with pickled walnuts, and English rice pudding and jam. Expect to brush past the entire well-heeled Tory party senior leadership and Notting Hill set on the way out, and NB: the express £9.50, or set £13 or £15.50 lunches are arguably the best high-quality lunches deals in town.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
The Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more