- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Greenhouse Review
Discretely tucked away amid imposing Mayfair mansions and approached via a sumptious spotlit garden, this ultra-elegant ground-floor dining salon quietly screams "Stealth Wealth!"and attracts well-healed aficionados of top-class French haute cuisine at any price. Feast on intricatedly arranged foie gras with smoked eel, wild turbot with pak choi cress, or Scottish venison with slithers of pear and gingerbread. A mainly private equity, hedge fund, and global off-shore plutocracy crowd come for the overweening but achingly smooth service, the glassed-off private dining room, and the famed 90-page wine list—the ultimate in wine-buff porn, over 2,000 bottles in all (and with many wines-by-the-glass).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more