- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ivy Review
The triple-A list spurn The Ivy for its upstairs private members' club (and other luxe spots like Scott's and J Sheekey) but, nonetheless, this luvvies landmark still receives a thousand calls a day! A bewitching mix of daytime-and-satellite TV stars, gawkers, and out-of-towners dine on salt beef hash, squash risotto, Thai-baked sea bass, salmon fish cakes, pork meatballs, eggs Benedict, and English classics like Shepherd's pie or kedgeree (curried rice with smoked haddock, egg and parsley) in a handsome mullioned stained-glass and oak-paneled dining salon. Service is flawless, and for low-to-mid wattage West End star-spotting this is a prime spot. Tip: If you can't snag a table by phone, try walking in on spec—it's been known to work.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more