- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- art and design lovers will be dazzled
- free Wi-fi
- no restaurant or bar
- cheapest rooms are booked up fast
- in a neighborhood locals would describe as "dodgy"
- some rooms share bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Rough Luxe Review
Undoubtedly Bloomsbury's most avante-garde hotel, this 19th-century building has been renovated with an appealing mix of shabby chic and modern comfort. Bits of old battered walls and remnants of the old, torn wallpaper are deliberately left in place next to elegant beds, claw-foot tubs, designer lighting, and original artwork (they've even been known to keep an artist-in-residence). The whole effect is so extraordinary that the hotel regularly features in designer magazines. Certainly the chutzpah is impressive, given that prices are high in relation to services offered.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more