- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bistrot Bruno Loubet
Bistrot Bruno Loubet Review
Seasoned French chef Bruno Loubet rules the roost at this ever-buzzy hotel dining room and bistrot at the Zetter hotel in historic-yet-cutting-edge Clerkenwell. Loubet tinkers away and creates so many must-try dishes it's genuinely hard to pick: deliciously pink quail comes with prune, Roquefort, and sautéed wild mushrooms, while guinea fowl boudin blanc sausages sit perfectly with leeks and chervil sauce, just to name two winners. You'll find wonderful sea bream with Pernod beurre blanc, yummy Mauricette snails and meatballs, and rabbit royale, followed by tarragon poached pear, or crêpe Suzettes (served with a touch of cardamom in a shiny copper pan). The ground-floor bistro is kitted out with appealing retro lamps and artifacts and overlooks St. John's Square.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
My husband and I are flying into Brussels in September and plan on flying out of London. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more