- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Cow Review
Top supermodel Kate Moss and her rockstar hubby Jamie Hince are known to crash this archetypal boho-chic Notting Hill gastropub, which packs 'em in cheek-by-jowl in a faux-Dublin '50s backroom saloon bar that serves Fines de Claire oysters, bowls of whelks and winkles, Cherrystone clams, and whole Dorset crab with aioli. Upstairs the amiable chef whips up Brit specialties in a spartan dining salon, like deviled lambs kidney's on toast, Stilton, chicory and hazelnut salad, or smoked eel with bacon and horseradish. Hard-up post triple-dip recession ex-mill'aire Notting Hill locals seem quite happy to live off the house special in the saloon bar: a pint of draft Guinness with a pint of prawns and mayonnaise (£9.95).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more