- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Restauranteur, bon viveur, and gad-about-town Mark Hix's spunky Soho spot oozes class and panache, and remains a magnet for the slick-back Soho smart set. It serves simple but brilliant British fare: think hanger steak with a chunk of bone marrow, red-leg partridge with curly kale, or Shetland coley with cockles and sea purslane. You'll also find epic feasts for tables of eight: chop and oysters, whole goose, or suckling pig, plus riffs on classic dishes, like rabbit and crayfish Stargazy pie. Check out Sarah Lucas' and Damian Hirst's mobiles, the basement bar billiards, and famed mixologist Nick Strangeway's heritage cocktails in the winning basement apothecary bar, known appropriately enough as...Mark's Bar. Note the £17.50 lunch and pre- and post-theatre deals, plus the £6.50 kids' menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more