- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Pollen Street Social
Pollen Street Social Review
El Bulli-trained and stratospheric star chef Jason Atherton knocks the London dining scene for a loop at this smash-hit set in a quaint side alleyway off Regent St. Gobsmacked fans mix-and-max on edgy, witty, and refined small-or-larger dishes ranging from a "full English" starter—a cute deconstructed minature of poached egg, bacon, morels, tomato purée, and croutons—to sublime Dingley Dell pork belly, or tender Atlantic hake with cod cheeks and seaweed. Glamorous diners often move from their tables to perch at counter seats at London's first dessert bar, and watch the dessert staff chop, slice, fiddle about, and prepare immaculate creamy goat-milk rice pudding with hay ice cream or sensational sashimi-like pressed watermelon with an unlikely basil sorbet. Look out for Atherton, who's often around, and note the £27.50 3-course lunches.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
First timer here...have been go-ogling last couple of weeks for planning my first trip to Europe
Every search throws up some Fodor forum link...and have been very impressed by the people who Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more