- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Roti Chai Review
Incredible Indian street food hits the spot at this bright, yellow-ceilinged, superior curry canteen found behind Selfridges. The kitchen specializes in grub inspired by Indian street-cart vendors, roadside '"dhaba" cafés, and bustling Victorian railway stations found across the subcontinent. You'll find a good sprinkling of smart Indians tucking in—often heartily with their fingers—into glass bowls of spicy street snacks like nibbly bhel puri (puffed rice with onion, cumin, and tamarind), fiery white cubes of "Hakka" chili paneer cheese, or flayed Keralan chicken "lollipops," which come with an irresistible coriander dip. There's Punjabi aloo (potato) bun tikki mini-burgers, and a tender tomato-based "Railway" lamb curry with chapatis (straight out of Bombay's Victoria Terminus station). You can imagine you're on the road with the authentic hot curried chickpea spreads, pea samosas, or Indian mango ice cream on a stick. This is a trip to India for which you need no passport.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. ... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more