- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
CUT at 45 Park Lane
CUT at 45 Park Lane Review
87 quid for an 8 oz steak?! NOW we're talkin'! US-based Austrian übernoober star-chef Wolfgang Puck amps up the steak stakes at this counter-intuitive and strangely smokin' high-end steak extravaganza on Park Lane. Against a neo-'90s hotel-lobby luxe backdrop of polished marble, Damien Hirsts, and glitzy globe lights, and an '80s soundtrack of Elton John and Lynryd Skynyrd, an army of private equity, petro-dollar, and hedge fund knuckleheads go gangbusters for perfectly-seared prime cuts from the U.S., Chile, England, and Australia. Grilled over charcoal and hardwood, and finished under a 650°C broiler, there's awesome Arkansas Creekstone filet mignon for £34, incredible 35-day USDA Black Angus New York sirloins for £38 or £50, or outstandingly tender-is-the-night rib-eye of wagyu beef from Araucanía in Chile for a top ranked £87! Add bone marrow, French fries, Béarnaise, and creamed spinach with a fried egg on top for the whole nine yards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more