- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
10 Greek Street
10 Greek Street Review
There may only be 28 seats and 9 counter stools overlooking the open kitchen at this stripped-back, Formica-topped, indy-spirited, and upstart Modern European humdinger, but talented Aussie chef Cameron Emirali and former wine merchant Luke Wilson dish up the gourmet goods and have seriously got their schtick together. Great food? Tick. Cheap wine? Tick. Cute service? Tick. Decent prices? Tick. Buzz? Tick. The only negative is the no reservations policy in the evenings, but most happily saunter off for a quick shifty in the pub, three doors down, and wait to be called back on their cell phones. Once seated, expect simple interchangeable starter/mains like grilled sardines with salsify and salsa verde, or octopus carpaccio with caperberries, chili, and lemon. Gutsy meats like Welsh Black rib-eye with horseradish, hare and polenta, or venison with parsnips and cranberry are big and bold, and swing with the seaons, as are the top-value £4-£6 puds, like lemon delicious, rum pannacotta, or quince and apple pie.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more