- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
You'll need a GPS or Google Maps to find this East London fashionista G-spot, and all-round cool-hunters HQ, down a side alley in jam-hot Bethnal Green. Once inside, the striking first-floor loft dining space and Manchichi bar is a bubbly post-industrial chic setting of all-white tiled walls and white concrete floor, factory pipes and beams, Crittal windows, dangly lights, marble-top tables, and black bentwood chairs. All the men seem to wear caps, spatz, 'tashes, Trilbys, skinny Acne jeans, or '30s tweed three-piece deer-stalker suits, while the Alexa Chung lookalike women are in capes, Emmanuelle 2 organza get-ups, and oversized Scooby-Doo specs. Acomplished French and English-based dishes range from steak tartar, Croque Madame, and towering cheeseburgers, to cod and clams, or lamb rump with chestnuts and sage. Fashion-favorite puds like Melba toast or brioche and butter pudding stand out, and be sure to catch Xavior, the resident pianist, at weekend brunch, camping up everything fom Girls Aloud to Katy Perry on the baby grand.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. Read more
· News & Features
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll.... Read more
A trophy trip for teens, a storybook vacay for toddlers, a sophisticated city break for grown-ups... Londo... Read more
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite... Read more