- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Bus 900 runs from the airport to the city center every 20 minutes; a taxi will cost you around £20. Try to avoid the city's convoluted road network. Drivers are often surprised that Birmingham's inner ring road twists through the city center. Parking in the center is free from 6 pm to 8 am.
New Street train station is right in the center of the city, close to the Bullring shopping center. The bus station is at Oxford Street, a few minutes' walk from the Bullring.
Most of the central sights, which are well signposted, form a tight-knit group. The easiest way to get around the city is by foot, though you'll need a bus for the Barber Institute and Cadbury World, and a short Metro (tram) trip for the Jewellery Quarter. A Daytripper ticket covering bus, train, and Metro travel costs £5.50. The tourist information center, the best place to pick up a map, is close to public bus and rail stations. It has details of heritage walks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Coventry Savings! Book at De Vere Village Coventry Fr $107+/Nt Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Coventry Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $96+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Hilton Coventry Fr $206+/Nt — $206 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Ramada & Suites Coventry Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Novotel Coventry Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Expedia