Stratford-upon-Avon and the Heart of England Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Shakespeare in Stratford: To see a play by Shakespeare in the town where he was born—and perhaps after you've visited his birthplace or other sites—is a magical experience.
Warwick Castle: Taking in the history—and some modern kitsch—at this sprawling medieval castle is a fun day out and great for the whole family.
The city of Birmingham: The revamped city center shows off its superb art collections and cultural facilities, international cuisine, and renowned Jewellery Quarter.
Half-timber architecture: Black-and-white half-timber houses are a mark of pride throughout the region; there are concentrations of buildings from medieval times to the Jacobean era in Chester, Shrewsbury, and Ludlow.
Ironbridge Gorge: Recall the burgeoning of England's Industrial Revolution at this fine complex of industrial-heritage museums.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Coventry Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- $104 & Up: De Vere Village Coventry 3.5-Star Hotel in Coventry Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Book in Coventry: Save this May Fr $77+/Nt — $77 Expedia
- Holiday Inn Coventry South in May: $94 & Up — $94 Expedia
- Small budget: Book Royal Court - Coventry 3 Nts in May Fr $69+/Nt — $69 Save with Expedia, $10/night less