Sights & Attractions in The Lake District
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions The Lake District
|A-B C-G H-L M-R S-Z « Prev |  Next »|
One of the region's finest art galleries, Abbot Hall occupies...
|Museums / Galleries||Kendal|
A spectacular 65-foot waterfall pounds under a stone bridge and...
|Bodies of Water||Ullswater|
Ambleside's fine local-history gallery and library explores the...
|Museums / Galleries||Ambleside|
Beatrix Potter Gallery
In the 17th-century solicitor's offices formerly used by Potter's...
|Museums / Galleries||Hawkshead|
From 1898 to 1900, architect Mackay Hugh Baillie Scott (1865-1945)...
|Houses / Mansions||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
These steep fells rise up dramatically behind Seatoller. Get...
On the eastern shore of Coniston Water, Brantwood was the cherished...
|Houses / Mansions||Coniston|
This tiny 17th-century stone building, once an apple store, perches...
A lakeside 19th-century mansion with 30 acres of terraced gardens...
|Information Centers||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises