Sights & Attractions in The Lake District
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere
From 1898 to 1900, architect Mackay Hugh Baillie Scott (1865-1945)...
|Houses / Mansions||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
A lakeside 19th-century mansion with 30 acres of terraced gardens...
|Information Centers||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
On the quayside at the southern end of Windermere, this excellent...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway Company
Vintage steam trains chug along on the 4-mile branch line between...
|Transportation Sites||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
To escape the traffic and have a view of Windermere, set out...
|Viewpoints||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
No sights in Windermere or Bowness compete with that of Windermere...
|Bodies of Water||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
World of Beatrix Potter
A touristy attraction aimed at kids interprets the author's 23...
|Museums / Galleries||Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises