- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hadrian's Cycleway. Between Tynemouth and Whitehaven, Hadrian's Cycleway follows the River Tyne from the east coast until Newcastle, where it traces the entire length of Hadrian's Wall. It then continues west to the Irish Sea. Maps and guides are available at the Tourist Information Centre in Newcastle. www.cycle-routes.org/hadrianscycleway.
Bike Shop. Daily rentals in the Bike Shop begin at £15. 16-17 St. Mary's, Hexham, NE46 1NQ. 01434/601032. www.thebikeshophexham.com.
Purple Mountain Bike Centre. Mountain bike rentals are £15 to £25 per day at Purple Mountain Bike Centre. Kielder Castle, Kielder, NE48 1EP. 01434/250532. www.purplemountain.co.uk.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- London and Paris Experience IExplore
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- London Experience — $2,857 IExplore
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises