- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Explosion! In a former arms depot near the Submarine Museum, Explosion! (the name given to the Museum of Naval Firepower) gathers together munitions, mines, and missiles to relate the history of warfare at sea. The museum also tells the story of the local people who manufactured them. Interactive touch-screen exhibits explore all aspects of naval armaments, from guns to tactical nuclear weapons.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Bournemouth Fr $83+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $137/night less
- Explore Bournemouth For Less! Book Fr $88+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less
- Up to 13% OFF on Southampton 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $2,841 Travelocity
- Explore Europe with Royal Caribbean International Fr $803 Expedia
- 4-Star Menzies Carlton Fr $143+/Nt — $143 Save with Hotels.com, $16/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I see the Queen looked at our travel schedule and decided to hightail it out of town while we are there. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more