- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A relaxed, modern bistro midway between Old Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays, this place is ideal for a snack, a full meal, or just a glass from the thoughtfully-chosen wine list. The changing Modern British menu specializes in seafood dishes, mostly sourced from Portsmouth's fish market right opposite, and may include moules marinière, fish cakes, or salmon Wellington; alternatively, opt for the sirloin steak and fries, or an asparagus-and-wild mushroom tartlet. You can sit indoors, in a garden at the back, or at Continental-style tables on the pavement.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star The Cliffeside Fr $98+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $25/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Bournemouth this May Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 7 Nts Southampton + Air Fr $2,665 Travelocity
- $999 & Up: See Southampton with Princess Cruises 12 Nts Expedia
- 3-Star BEST WESTERN Royale Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Hotels.com, $37/night less
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more