- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
White Vine House Hotel
At a Glance
- beautiful building
- soothing decor
- a fireplace to warm your toes
- main street location can be a bit noisy
- price is high for so few services
White Vine House Hotel Review
Occupying a building from the late 1500s, this small guesthouse shows a traditional approach in features such as wood-paneled lounges with warming fireplaces. Bedrooms pleasantly mix antiques and reproductions; some have four-poster beds, others have pretty headboards. In the downstairs restaurant you can sample excellent British cuisine from local sources, including lamb and Rye bay scallops. Two-night stays are expected on weekends in high season.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more