Sights & Attractions in The Southeast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Rye
Immortalized in paintings, postcards, and photographs, the ruins...
|Castles / Palaces||Rye|
Chapel Down Winery
English wine? Indeed, the English wine industry is beginning...
|Wineries / Breweries||Rye|
Church of St. Mary the Virgin
At the top of the hill at the center of Rye, this classic English...
Great Dixter House and Gardens
Combining a large timber-frame hall with a cottage garden on...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Rye|
Something about Lamb House, an early-18th-century dwelling, attracts...
|Houses / Mansions||Rye|
One of the town's original cobbled streets heads steeply from...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Rye|
Rye Castle Museum
The diminutive Rye Castle Museum, below the remains of the castle...
|Museums / Galleries||Rye|
Like Rye, Winchelsea perches prettily atop its own small hill...
Down the hill past Church Square, Ypres Tower was originally...
|Museums / Galleries, Architectural Sites||Rye|
Browse All Southeast Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises