- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Everything is remarkably fresh at what is widely viewed as the city's best fish restaurant. Seafood is prepared with a European touch and frequently comes with butter, cream, and other sauces: haddock is served with a whole-grain mustard sauce, for instance. Hot and cold shellfish platters are popular, as are the oysters with red wine and shallot vinegar. The interior has a casual nautical theme with wooden floors and tables, porthole windows, and red sails overhead. Lunches are a very good value.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $107 & Up: Days Inn Oxford 3-Star Hotel in Oxford Expedia
- Oxford Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Express Oxford Fr $133+/Nt Expedia
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more