- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mayflower Steps Review
By the harbor you can visit the Mayflower Steps, where the Pilgrims embarked in 1620; the Mayflower Stone marks the exact spot. They had sailed from Southampton but had to stop in Plymouth because of damage from a storm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bristol Savings! Book at Future Inn Cabot Circus Fr $126+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $162+/Nt Expedia
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 Expedia
- May deal: The Washington Fr $91+/Nt — $91 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre in May: $114 & Up — $114 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
First timer here...have been go-ogling last couple of weeks for planning my first trip to Europe
Every search throws up some Fodor forum link...and have been very impressed by the people who Read more