- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Penlee House Gallery and Museum
Penlee House Gallery and Museum Review
A small collection in this gracious Victorian house in Penlee Park focuses on paintings by members of the so-called Newlyn School from about 1880 to 1930. These works evoke the life of the inhabitants of Newlyn, mostly fisherfolk. The museum also covers 5,000 years of West Cornwall history through archaeology, decorative arts, costume, and photography exhibits.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bristol Savings! Book at Days Inn Bristol M5 Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $91+/Nt — $91 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I see the Queen looked at our travel schedule and decided to hightail it out of town while we are there. Read more