- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Morwellham Quay Review
In the 19th century, Morwellham (pronounced More-wel-am) was England's main copper-exporting port, and it has been carefully restored as a working museum, with quay workers and coachmen in costume. Visitors can board a special train that goes along the River Tamar and into the Charlotte and George Copper Mine. The site lies 2 miles east of Cotehele House and 5 miles southwest of Tavistock.
- Address: Off B3257, Morwellham, PL19 8JL
- Phone: 01822/832766
- Cost: £7.95, mine train £3.50
- Hours: Easter--late July and early Sept.--Oct., daily 10--5; late July--early Sept., daily 10--5:30; Nov.--Easter, daily 10--4:30.
- Website: www.morwellham-quay.co.uk
- Location: Tavistock and Environs
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $101+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Bristol: Save this May Fr $127+/Nt Save with Expedia, $35/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star The Bristol Fr $130+/Nt — $130 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre in May: $114 & Up — $114 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 17 year old daughter will be flying alone from the US to Munich via London (Heathrow). Read more