- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Admiral Benbow Review
One of the town's most famous inns, the 17th-century Admiral Benbow was once a smugglers' pub—look for the figure of a smuggler on the roof. Seafaring memorabilia, a brass cannon, model ships, and figureheads fill the place. In the family-friendly restaurant area, decorated to resemble a ship's galley, you can dine on seafood or a steak-and-ale pie.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bristol Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Fr $110+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: The Washington Fr $91+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Plymouth Fr $1547 Expedia
- Save in Bristol: Book 3 Nts in May at Westfield House Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 — $1,524 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 17 year old daughter will be flying alone from the US to Munich via London (Heathrow). Read more