- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Porthminster Café Review
Unbeatable for its location alone—on the broad, golden sands of Porthminster Beach—this sleek, modern eatery prepares imaginative lunches, teas, and evening meals that you can savor while you take in the marvelous vista across the bay. Typical choices are blow-torched mackerel fillet, monkfish curry, and Cornish duck breast. The sister Porthgwidden Beach Café, in the Downalong neighborhood, has a smaller and cheaper menu that's equally strong on fish.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre in May: $128 & Up Expedia
- Save in Bristol: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $109+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 10% off your stay!: The Clifton in May — $91 Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 — $2,297 Expedia
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
I am still working on where I want to base us for our trip to southeast UK next spring.
It looks like we will be mostly in "mid" Kent and Sussex (East and West). The rough plan at this time is to go no Read more