- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pendennis Castle Review
At the end of its own peninsula stands this formidable castle, built by Henry VIII in the 1540s and improved by his daughter Elizabeth I. You can explore the defenses developed over the centuries. In the Royal Artillery Barracks, the Pendennis Unlocked exhibit explores the castle's history and its connection to Cornwall and England. The castle has sweeping views over the English Channel and across to St. Mawes Castle, designed as a companion fortress to guard the roads. There are also concerts, plays, jousting, and shows for kids.
- Address: Pendennis Head, Falmouth, TR11 4LP | Map It
- Phone: 01326/316594
- Cost: £6.50
- Hours: Apr.--June and Sept., Sun.--Fri. 10--5, Sat. 10--4; July and Aug., Sun.--Fri. 10--6, Sat. 10--4; Oct., daily 10--4; Nov--Mar., weekends 10--4.
- Website: www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Location: Falmouth
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Novotel Bristol Centre 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Marriott Bristol City Centre Fr $124+/Nt Save with Expedia, $62/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 Expedia
- $155 & Up: Westfield House 4-Star Hotel in Bristol — $155 Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 15% off your stay!: The Bristol in May — $134 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more