- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gurnard's Head Review
This gastro-pub with bright, homey furnishings and a relaxed ambience looks past green fields to the ocean beyond. The frequently changing menu features fresh, inventively prepared meat and seafood dishes; look for braised beef with colcannon, celeriac, and mushroom ravioli, or fish stew with saffron potatoes, spinach, and tarragon. Seven smallish rooms provide guest accommodations. The inn sits near the curvy coast road 6 miles west of St. Ives.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton in Bristol Fr $110+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2274 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Novotel Bristol Centre in Bristol Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Expedia, $35/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I see the Queen looked at our travel schedule and decided to hightail it out of town while we are there. Read more