- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rick Stein's Fish & Chips
Rick Stein's Fish & Chips Review
Celebrity chef Rick Stein has expanded his seafood empire to Falmouth, where this no-frills takeaway and restaurant opposite the National Maritime Museum makes a welcome addition to the local dining scene. The mackerel, plaice, and monkfish are grilled, fried to a golden hue, or charcoal-roasted and served with salad. Local scallops, oysters, and squid are also on the menu in the white-tiled dining room. Smaller, tapas-size dishes of squid and oysters are served upstairs at the Seafood Bar. Across the square, Stein's Deli stocks all the fixings for a picnic.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $125+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Bristol Savings! Book at Days Inn Bristol M5 Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 15% off your stay!: The Bristol in May — $130 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $88+/Nt — $88 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I see the Queen looked at our travel schedule and decided to hightail it out of town while we are there. Read more