- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
It is a stunning drive northwest from Ivalo along the lakeshore to Inari, home of the Sami Parlamenta (Sami Parliament) and the center of Sami culture. Lake Inari is Finland's second largest and includes more than 3,000 islands, around which locals and visitors fish in summer and snowmobile in winter. Other popular activities include visiting a reindeer farm, canoeing the nearby rivers, hiking, and cross-country skiing in the Arctic wilderness.
Inari at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Rovaniemi this May Fr $125+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Rantasipi Pohjanhovi Fr $109+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $14/night less