- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Finnair runs five 1½-hour flights a day to Ivalo in high season, one a day in low season. In winter, groups sometimes charter flights from London and Paris to Ivalo en route to visiting the Santa Clause Village. Despite Ivalo's being 10 km (6 mi) from the airport, FInnair's airport shuttles do not go here. From the airport, your only option is a 10-minute, EUR 15 taxi ride into town; there are usually taxis waiting. Buses leave six times daily from Rovaniemi to Ivalo (four hours). For tourist information, contact Saariselka.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Rantasipi Pohjanhovi Fr $111+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less