- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Grand Théâtre Review
One block south of the Maison du Vin is the city's leading 18th-century monument: the Grand Théâtre, designed by Victor Louis and built between 1773 and 1780. It's the pride of the city, with an elegant exterior ringed by graceful Corinthian columns and a dazzling foyer with a two-winged staircase and a cupola. The theater hall has a frescoed ceiling with a shimmering chandelier composed of 14,000 Bohemian crystals. Contact the Bordeaux tourist office to learn about guided tours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Bordeaux Fr $162+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Novotel Bordeaux Centre Fr $133+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star BEST WESTERN Royal Saint Jean in Bordeaux Fr $163+/Nt — $163 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book the Comfort - Bordeaux Merignac 3 Nts in May Fr $69+/Nt — $69 Expedia
- Inter- Apolonia on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Expedia
Sometimes things happen that makes one wonder if fate is conspiring against a trip. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Over and over again, I see this mistakenly written as "Chacun a son goût" by English speaking people, including a tattoo around Robbie Williams' chest.
The correct expression is "à chacun so Read more