- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- magnificent architecture
- luxurious rooms
- three different buildings
- no a/c in the château
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
La Chenevière Review
Topped by an impressive mansard roof, occupying an elegant 18th-century château mansion, and surrounded by cheerful gardens, this is a true oasis of peace a few kilometers down the road—and yet a million miles away—from World War II sites like Omaha Beach; inland from Port-en-Bessin, the hotel allures with super-stylish guest rooms, which comprise a fetching mix of Louis Seize chairs, gilded ormolu objects, modern photographs, and very chic fabrics. Overlooking the grand pool is La Chenevière's showpiece: a stunning, glassed-in modern conservatory with wicker furniture and abstract art. The opulent restaurant, with wood paneling and lordly fireplaces, serves cuisine appropriate to its surroundings: spiced Dover sole with salsify, chanterelles, and cepes, or roast lamb with citron, stuffed piquillo peppers, and potato crisps.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Mercure Le Havre Centre Bassin du Commerce Fr $100+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $76/night less
- Novotel Le Havre Bassin Vauban in May: $148 & Up Expedia
- $92 & Up: Cheap Le Havre Stay — $92 Save with Hotels.com, $93/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Le Havre this May Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Expedia
- 4-Star Quality la Berteliere Fr $168+/Nt — $168 Hotels.com
Sometimes things happen that makes one wonder if fate is conspiring against a trip. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
This will be an ongoing report of our trip.
Trip # 9 for my husband and myself.
Thanks for all the help.
Monday may 12
Arrived after a smooth flight,our friend Lucien was there to meet us and take us to Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more