- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Tour d'Argent
La Tour d'Argent Review
La Tour d'Argent has had a rocky time in recent years with the death of owner Claude Terrail, but chef Laurent Delarbre has found his footing, and there's no denying the splendor of the setting overlooking the Seine. If you don't want to splash out on dinner, treat yourself to the three-course lunch menu for a reduced price of €68; this entitles you to succulent slices of one of the restaurant's numbered ducks (the great duck slaughter began in 1919 and is now well past the millionth mallard, as your numbered certificate will attest). Don't be too daunted by the vast wine list—with the aid of the sommelier you can splurge a little (about €80) and perhaps taste a rare vintage Burgundy from the extraordinary cellars, which survived World War II.
- Address: 15-17 quai de la Tournelle, 5e, Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: 01-43-54-23-31
- Website: www.latourdargent.com
- Metro Cardinal Lemoine.
- Location: The Latin Quarter
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and Aug.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Sometimes things happen that makes one wonder if fate is conspiring against a trip. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Hello fellow travelers,
This is a follow-up to that Seize the Day trip that has evolved into France/Switzerland. Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more