- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Marais includes the 3e and 4e arrondissements. It's a pleasant walk from the Beaubourg—the area around Centre Pompidou—into the heart of the Marais. Rue Rambuteau turns into Rue des Francs Bourgeois, which runs right past the Place des Vosges. If you're going by métro, the most central stop is St-Paul on the 1 line. If you're going to the Pompidou, take the 11 line to Rambuteau. For the Musée Picasso, the closest stop is St-Sébastien Froissart on the 8 line. For the 3e arrondissement, get off at Arts et Métiers on the 3 or 11 line, or Filles du Calvaire on Line 8.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises